Standard Trading Terms & Conditions
Our thousands of happy customers are witness to the fact that we offer good wood at fair prices, together with free advice and excellent service.
In order to ensure that our business runs smoothly and effectively, we do have a number of conditions which we ask you to familiarise yourself with.
PLEASE HELP YOURSELF
- You are most welcome to help yourself from the racks, which are clearly marked.
- With the ever-increasing cost of running a business, your assistance will result in fewer personnel being needed and thus a saving that we are able to pass on to you.
- Please leave the racks and bundles in the way that you found them.
WE NEED YOU THE CUSTOMER
- Rare Woods thrives because of your involvement – we need your custom to survive and prosper.
- We invite constructive criticism as we wish to constantly improve our service to you.
- An express condition of all our sales is that the timber sold shall be sold on an “AS IS” basis.
- Ownership of the goods remains in the hands of Rare Woods USA until such time as the payment of the full purchase price has been effected. Risk passes on sale or delivery, whichever occurs first.
- Wood is one of God’s natural materials. All timber even of the same species can vary substantially in colour, grain and texture: Sometimes boards are warped, twisted or may have other defects. Light wood such as Beech, Maple, Iroko and Pau Marfim sometimes have “sticker” marks. The timber trade does not always have a solution for these “problems” We sell our timber with the express condition that we do not take responsibility for any latent or patent defects or alleged defects.
- We try our best to keep our racks in good order. We would appreciate your help in assisting us by tidying up once you have chosen your wood. We cannot warrant that the wood never gets mixed up. Rare Woods management has the final say as to the decision – regarding species, size, type and quality.
- Please keep an eye on your children or pets. We love kids and dogs, but this can be a dangerous environment for them.
- PLEASE, no smoking on the premises. Apart from our health, we pay enormous insurance premiums and one mislaid butt would mean the end of us.